Tecno has just launched another mid-range yet powerful device under its
The Tecno Camon i4 comes with a very interesting design, impressive AI cameras and other great features you’d expect to find in a mid-range smartphone. The device competes with the likes of Galaxy M10, Vivo U1 and the most talked about Xiaomi Redmi Note 7.
Now, let’s have a quick look at the Camon i4 specs and features.
Tecno Camon i4 Quic Specs:
- Display: 6.2-inch IPS LCD display
- Storage: 32/64 gigabytes (GB) of ROM (can be expanded up to 256 gigabytes)
- RAM: 2GB/3GB/4GBof RAM
- Processor: MediaTek MT6761 Helio A22 (12 nm)
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Camera: Triple rear camera setup (13MP+8MP+2MP) | 16-MP front camera
- Battery: Non-removable Li-Ion 3500-mAh battery
Display and Display
The Camon i4 launches with a 6.2-inch IPS LCD water drop notch display, with a screen resolution of 720px by 1520px on a 19:5:9 aspect ratio. This device offers a decent viewing experience over a 271 PPI pixel density. However, there’s is no full HD experience.
Camon i4 couples four cameras in total, three rear cameras with LED flash and a single selfie shooter. There is a fingerprint scanner on the back of the devices, a 3.5mm headphone jack, mouth pic, and the stereo speak are placed underneath. The device comes with a glossy finish while having the company’s name and Camon text printed on the back of the device.
The Camon series are well known for their outstanding camera capabilities and the Camon i4 didn’t disappoint as well. Tecno Camon i4 sports three rear cameras, a 13MP (main) with f/1.8 aperture, 8MP for an ultra wide-angle lens (120-degree), and a 2MP depth sensing sensor coupled with a LED flash.
The selfie camera, on the other hand, holds a powerful 16MP camera sensor with an f/2.0 aperture, 2-micron pixels, and a special low-light photography mode. The device promises a great performance while taking photos and recording HD quality videos.
Some of the camera features include bokeh, HDR, beautification, AR stickers, and scene detection and of course they are AI powered.
Hardware and Software
Tecno Camin i4 is powered by a quad-core MediaTek Helio A22 SoC clocked at 2-GHz, a PowerVR GE8300 GPU takes care of the graphics. The device will be available in two storage option, a 32G, and a 64GB option. However, it comes in 3 variant, 2GB/32GB, 3GB/32GB, and 4GB/64GB.
The 2GB and 3GB RAM variants are powered by the quad-core MediaTek Helio A22 SoC, while the 4GB RAM variant is powered by the octa-core MediaTek Helio P22 SoC. The device storage can be further expanded up to 256GB via Micro SD card slot.
Camon i4 runs the latest Android v9.0 (Pie) out of the box, along with the company HiOS 4.6 customized interface.
The device sports a 3500mAh built-in battery which offers a long hour backup and it comes with a quick charge technology.
Tecno Camon i4 Complete Specs
This the Tecno Camon i4 full device specification below
Network And Technology
- Technology: GSM / HSPA
- 2G Network Bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 3G Network Bands: HSDPA 850 / 1900
- 4G Network Yes, LTE + Volte
- Speed: HSPA 21.1/5.76 Mbps
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
Design And Display
- Dimension: 156.5 x 76 x 5.6 mm (6.16 x 2.99 x 0.22 in)
- Weight: 150 g (5.29 oz)
- Material: Premium Plastic
- Color Shades: City Blue, Champagne Gold, Midnight Black
- SIM: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display Type: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Size: 6.2 inches, 96.7 cm2 (around 81.3% screen-to-body ratio)
- Screen Resolution: 720 by 1520 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (around 294 PPI density)
- Display Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 3 (unconfirmed); 2.5D Curved Glass
- Interface: HiOS 4.6
- Touch Screen: Yes, up to 3 fingers
- Type: Triple Lenses
- Sensor(s): 13+8+2 MP, f/1.8, aperture, PDAF
- Features: Geo-tagging, PDAF, panorama, f/1.8 aperture
- LED Flash: Yes, quad-LED LED
- Video Resolution: [email protected], [email protected]
- Type: Single Lens
- Sensor(s): 16-megapixel, f/2.2 aperture
- Features: Face ID, 6-level AI face Beauty, HD
- Video Resolution: 720p
- LED Flash: Yes, Dual LED
Hardware and Software
- Chipset: MediaTek MT6761 Helio A22 (12 nm), Quad-core/Octa-core 2.0 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: PowerVR GE8320
- Internal Storage: 32GB/64GB
- RAM: 2GB/3GB/4GB
- Operating System: Android v9 (Pie)
- Card Slot: Yes, expandable up to 256GB
- USB: Micro USB 2.0, USB OTG
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 4.2, A2DP
- Wi-fi: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- GPS: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- NFC: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- Speaker Location: Chin, below
- Sound Enhancements: Active noise cancellation using its dedicated
mic AudioJack Type: Yes, 3.5- milimeteraudio jack
- Type: Li-Ion
- Capacity: Non-removable Li-Ion 4000 mAh battery
- Fast Charging: No
- OTG Support: N/A
- Talk Time: Up to 28 hours
- Music Play: Up to 31 hours
- Stand-by: Up to 480 hours
- Browser: HTML5 supported
- Sensors: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), accelerometer, compass, proximity
- Messaging: SMS(threaded view), Email, MMS, IM Push Mail
- Java Support: No
- Torch: Yes
- Gaming apps: Built-in and downloadable from the Play Store
- Miscellaneous: MP3/WMA/WAV/RA/AAC/M4A player, WMV/RV/MP4/3GP player, Document Viewer, Document editor (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PDF), Photo/Video Editor, Push to talk, Organizer, Voice command/dial
Tecno Camon i4 Price and Availability
There’s no concrete information about the price of the devices yet or when the device will be available for pre-order. However, the device is expected to start selling at $140 (N 50,400) for the 2GB + 32GB option, $154 (N 55,440) for the 3GB + 32GB and $175 (N 63,000) for the 4GB + 64GB storage option. The device will only be available for the Indian market and there’s no telling if it’ll eventually go global.
So what do you think of Tecno’s new device?share your views and thoughts with us in the comment section below.