At Facebooks F8 Developer conference last year, the company announced a number of changes and improvement coming to its Messenger app. The Dark mode feature had also been teased and a lot of users has been looking forward to this particular feature which is yet to be rolled out officially. Although the Dark Mode for Messenger is already in development and we might see it official update in few weeks time.
Just last month if am not mistaken, a Reddit user shared a simple trick to enable dark mode in the Messenger app but was only working for those on the beta version of Messenger but in the new Messenger update, just anyone can get the Dark mode feature.
It’s not surprising that app development companies are now adding the Dark Mode option in their apps. According to research, using Dark Mode not only reduces blue lights from your smartphone’s screen, but it also helps to save your battery. Google also recommends these features and as rumors have it, the Dark Mode feature will be part of the Android Q UI options.
The Messenger app recently got a UI transformation as part of the features Facebook has promised and now users will also be getting a new Dark Mode feature.
While we’re waiting for Facebook to roll out this feature globally, you can already try it by following the simple trick explained below.
How to enable Dark Mode on Facebooks’s Messenger?
Although Facebook already have implemented the Dark Mode feature in its Messenger app, they have decide to hide it until official release. So, here’s how to enable the feature in your Messenger;
- Open the Facebook Messenger App on iOS or Android.
- Open any of your conversations
- Now, send a crescent moon emoji 🌙 to the chat. You’ll get showers of smiling crescent moon emojis once you do this.
- You should now notice a popup on the chat showing “you’ve found the Facebook Dark Mode Feature
bla bla bla“.
- Now, exit the conversation/chat screen and navigate to your profile
- You will now see the Dark Mode toggle option to enable Dark Mode in Messenger.
- If you already did the above and did not get the feature, try updating to the most recent version of Messenger and if still not working, use a VPN to change your location to any foreign country, clear Messenger cache and force stop app. Try again
Since the feature is still in development stage, you might experience a few glitches in the app but you may not notice.