Good news news to all Tecno Spark 2 users, now you can install Android 9.0 Pie Custom ROM for Tecno Spark 2 (KA7) with MediaTek MT5680, Oreo Kernel 3.18.79+. Pixel Experience is an AOSP based ROM, it includes all Google stock apps (launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, bootanimation) and offers the maximum possible stability and security, along with essential features for the proper functioning of a device. This is Android Pie custom ROM for MT6580 device with Oreo kernel, it can be used on any device but needs to be ported first.
Android 9 Pie Key Features
Android 9 Pie was released few months ago and it packs interesting new features, it comes with all the Google default features that is present on the previos OS version with a lot more improvement. Here are some of the most important features of Android Pie.
- Gesture Navigation – Google has removed the usual onscreen recent soft key and replaced with the Apple iPhone X gesture, this allows you slide up to show recent apps or slide right to quickly switch between apps.
- Revamped recent apps – This replaces the normal vertical view of recent app with a horizontal card list (interestingly, the launcher is now integrated with the recent apps overview which opens up some exciting possibilities). This also allows easy navigation between apps.
- Revamped user interface – Android Pie comes with a whole new UI, commonly known “Material Design 2.” This has brought a new look and fresh coat of colors to the new OS version.
- Digital Wellbeing – Your healt is very important and Google has added this feature to help you control how you use your smartphone daily by tracking your usage and wind down at night to prevent distractions.
- Adaptive Battery – This feature helps to reduce battery consumption amongst apps. With App Standby Buckets, Android limits power consumption for the apps that you don’t use all that often.
What’s Working: <spa
- WiFi - RIL - Mobile Data - GPS - Camera - Flashlight - Camcorder - Bluetooth - Fingerprint Reader - HW Buttons - Alert Slider and Gestures - Sound / Vibration - And lots more...
ROM Screenshots: </spa
Device Info: <
- Device name: Tecno Spark 2 - Device model: KA7 - Device stock OS: Android 8.1.0 - Device chipset: MediaTek MT6580 - Device Kernel: 3.18.79+ Oreo - Bootloader: Unlocked
- ROM name: Pixel Experience - ROM OS version: Android 9.0 Pie - SDK Version: 27 - Status: Stable - Current Stable Version: Unofficial - Supported Language: Multi-Language - Supported Recovery: Twrp 3.1.1-0+
How to install Pixel Experience Android 9.0 Pie Custom ROM for Tecno Spark 2 (KA7)
- Download and install TWRP custom recovery for Tecno Spark 2.
- Download Android Pie custom ROM for Tecno Spark 2 from the link below.
- Extract the rom and place in TWRP backup folder on your device
- Reboot your device to TWRP recovery mode.
- In TWRP recovery, tap on restore backup and select the TWRP backup ROM you copied to TWRP folder.
- Once, the restore is complete, performe a factory reset and reboot your device.
Note: First boot may take 5-10minutes, wait for your device to complete first boot.
That’s it, you’ve successfully installed Android 9.0 Pie custom rom for Tecno Spark 2 (KA7)
- Jackson Makinda (Porting for Tecno Spark 2) - Iyke Xi - 4PDA Devs - Others